True health is 100% function of all systems 100% of the time.
- Dorland's Medical Dictionary & World Health Organization define health as "a state of mental, physical and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity (symptoms)
Most people think that how they feel is an indicator of how healthy they are. It’s not true. (Vomiting, sneezing, coughing, diarrhea and even fevers may actually be signs that your body is working correctly)
- Let’s say you unknowingly eat some spoiled food. Later you get stomach cramps and vomit. You certainly don’t feel well, but thankfully your body is functioning correctly. Imagine the tragic consequences of taking a drug to calm your stomach, retaining the toxic food!
FUNCTIONING GREAT (True Health)
Your brain, spinal cord and all of your nerves control and regulate your body. Every cell, tissue, organ and system (even your immune system!) take orders from your nervous system. Thus, true health is how well your nervous system is orchestrating the workings of your body. That’s why subluxations are so serious!
5 FACTORS of TRUE HEALTH:
- REST (Recovery)
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- PROPER FUNCTIONING NERVOUS SYSTEM
4 ESSENTIALS to LIFE
- NERVE IMPULSE - You cannot live a second without these.
- AIR - You can live 5 minutes without air.
- WATER - You can live 7 days without water.
- FOOD- You can live 60 days without food.