TRY THESE SIMPLE TESTS
To see you if your spine may be causing your pain / sickness. Naturally, they are not a substitute for a Professional Evaluation.
- Stand in front of a mirror in a comfortable / relaxed postion.
- Is your head tilted to one side?
- Is one shoulder higher than the other?
- Is one hip higher than the other (do you have to hem your pant legs differently)?
- Is the ear hole in front of the point of the shoulder? (have someone look)
Forward Head Posture"FHP leads to long term muscle strain, disc herniations, arthritis, and pinched nerves." Mayo Clinic Health Letter, Vol. 18, #3, March 2000
DUAL WEIGHT SCALES:
- On a level floor, stand on two scales (1 foot on each scale)
- Have someone write down the weight under each foot then turn and repeat with feet on the opposite scale.
- Add the (2) weights for the right foot and divide by two, then do the same for the left foot.
- Is the final weight more than 5 pounds different side to side.
Dr. Cottingham is available to perform SPINAL SCREENING EVALUATIONS at your networking clubs, business, school & community events
If the results indicate a spinal imbalance contact COTTINGHAM CHIROPRACTIC immediately to arrange a thorough examination in our office.